Prasa Podróżników

hity czy chity?

Więcej
10 lata 9 miesiąc temu #8985 przez Albin
Replied by Albin on topic Odpowiedź:hity czy chity?
Miejsca jakie odwiedziłem i obfotografowałem są dostępne na stronie :
www.klubpodroznikow.com/relacje/polska-c...1640-zwiedzamykrakow

a jest to drobna cząstka tego co można zobaczyć w Krakowie i okolicach.

Zapraszam na profil prywatny:
klubpodroznikow.com/tatromaniak-autor?showall=1

Proszę Logowanie lub Zarejestruj się, aby dołączyć do konwersacji.

Więcej
10 lata 9 miesiąc temu - 10 lata 9 miesiąc temu #8983 przez kkasiek4
hity czy chity? was created by kkasiek4
Ze strony The Wall Street Journal online.wsj.com/article/SB100014241278873...KEYWORDS=krak%C3%B3w

POLAND'S FORMER CAPITAL and perennial artistic and intellectual heart has inspired figures as diverse as Nicolaus Copernicus, Pope John Paul II and Nobel Prize-winning poet Wisława Szymborska. Home to the ancient Jagiellonian University, Wawel Castle and Europe's largest medieval square, Kraków celebrates some 120 cultural festivals a year, including the Sacrum Profanum contemporary music festival, coming up in September. Here's a handful of unmissable things in and around this historic town.

—George Semler

1 Check out Copernicus's instruments. Kraków scholar Nicolaus Copernicus first proposed that the sun, not the Earth, is the center of the solar system. The Jagiellonian University published his "On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres" in 1543 (though it took another century for his findings to win acceptance). A tour of the university museum shows the astronomer's astrolabe—a device used to measure the positions of stars—and other treasures. Jagiellonska 15, maius.uj.edu.pl

2 Meet a Polish hero of the American Revolutionary War. A 30-minute hike up Blessed Bronisława Hill, overlooking the Vistula River, is the memorial mound of Tadeusz Kosciuszko, a military engineer who fought in America's first war. A graduate of Polish and French military schools, Kosciuszko was recruited by Benjamin Franklin in 1776 and rose to the rank of Brigadier General. Thomas Jefferson called him "as pure a son of liberty as I have ever known." In the U.S., nine monuments and two bridges are named for Poland's American Revolutionary War hero. Aleja Waszyngtona 1, kopieckosciuszki.pl

3 Crawl inside someone else's head. When Polish sculptor Igor Mitoraj donated "Eros Bendato," his massive bronze creation, to Kraków in 2005, he decreed that it had to be placed on the Main Market Square. Despite protests from historians and art critics, municipal authorities agreed to install it as a temporary exhibition. The problem is that "Eros" has been a hit: Kids love to climb in and out of the cavernous skull, while amorous couples have been surprised there in the wee hours. Eros seems to be here to stay. Southwest corner of Main Market Square

4 Telephone a late Nobel Prize-winning poet. Wisława Szymborska, who died in February 2012, believed that drawers were among the world's finest inventions. Hers were filled with items that tell much about their owner's quirky humor and imagination. This year "Szymborska's Drawer" opened, displaying a collection of the poet's knickknacks, collages, postcards, furniture, books and quirky photographs. A video of her life story and a telephone with 10 numbers to dial to hear Szymborska readings complete the exhibition, slated to close at the end of next year. Szołayski House, plac Szczepanski 9, muzeum.krakow.pl

5 Explore a church made from salt. The Wieliczka Salt Mine, which extends over 1,000 feet below the Earth's surface, was in operation from the 13th century until 1996. It is now a museum. Walls, stairs and the chandeliers in the Santa Kinga chapel are made from salt. During the Easter early music festival, Misteria Paschalia, concerts are held here. Daniłowicza 10, wieliczka-saltmine.com

6 See Schindler's factory. Oskar Schindler's enamelware factory, in the heart of the ghetto where Kraków's Jewish community was confined in 1941, was immortalized in the 1993 Steven Spielberg film "Schindler's List." The site now houses the Museum of Contemporary Art at Kraków, a rippling building designed by Italian architect Claudio Nardi. The adjacent offices house the Oskar Schindler Factory, which chronicles the plight of Kraków's Jews during the occupation. MOCAK: Lipowa 4, mocak.com.pl , Oskar Schindler Factory: Lipowa 4, mhk.pl

Nie wiem jak Wy uważacie, ale dla ludzi będących w Krakowie po raz pierwszy znalazła bym co bardziej inneteresującego. W sumie tylko Wieliczka i fabryka mnie przekonują. Choć z drugiej strony miło że znaleźli coś prócz Mariackiego i Wawelu Znaczy to tylko tyle, że sie rozwijamy (jako miasto) i budzimy coraz to większe zainteresowanie w świecie:) Brawo
Ostatnia10 lata 9 miesiąc temu edycja: kkasiek4 od.

Proszę Logowanie lub Zarejestruj się, aby dołączyć do konwersacji.

Czas generowania strony: 0.524 s.

Administratorem Twoich danych osobowych jest Fundacja Klubu Podróżników Śródziemie Aleja Podróżników KRS: 0000556344 na podstawie art. 6 ust. 1 lit. b RODO. Skontaktować się z nami możesz mailowo alejapodroznikow@gmail.com

Jeżeli chcesz wykorzystać materiały naszego autorstwa zamieszone na portalu skontaktuj się z nami: alejapodroznikow@gmail.com